Student Success Resources
ECU and the College of Health and Human Performance are committed to providing as many resources as possible to assist you with being the most successful student possible. Some of these resources are academic in nature while others provide services to adapt and adjust to college life.
- The Pirate Academic Success Center (PASC) provides free tutoring services, study skills coaching and workshops, academic mentoring, and the FIP Scholars program. All services are offered free for ECU enrolled students. The PASC is located in the 2300 wing of the Old Cafeteria Complex. Students can contact PASC staff at 252-737-3009 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about PASC please visit our website.
- The University Writing Center (UWC) is open and available to students, faculty, and staff to work with undergraduate and graduate writing consultants on writing at any stage of the writing process. Our consultants are specifically trained to address the needs of the writers across the disciplines at East Carolina University. The UWC offers 3 locations: Joyner Library, Online Writing Lab, and Laupus Library and can be reached at 252.328.2820. To learn more about UWC please visit our website
- The College Advising Center in Health and Human Performance is also a great resource providing numerous services. Academic Advisors provide direction in what courses you should take, assist with adjusting schedules, assist in changing majors and much more. Please visit our website to learn more.
- Joyner Library is located on main campus and provides a variety of services to students attending courses on campus as well as those in our distance education community. To learn how we can assist you please visit our website.
Additional Student Resources
- The ECU Career Center can assist you with choosing a major to planning a career. Students utilize the center to assist with creating Resumes and Cover Letters, searching for jobs and internships and interview preparation. To learn about additional services provided by the Career Center please visit our website.
- Community Service and Service Learning at ECU. ECU has over 500 student organizations and hundreds of community partners you are able to get involved with. Many of these organizations participate in community service learning projects. If you are interested in learning more about participating in service projects visit the Center for Leadership & Civic Engagement website. To view a full list of these organizations please visit the Student Organization Directory website.
- The Dean of Students Office is the central campus resource for addressing student complaints and inquiries. Staff members are available to discuss general and specific questions and concerns about university life, transitional issues, policies, procedures and University services. This includes support with academic, personal, or social issues and concerns, assistance in adjusting to university life, and support in the event of a personal, medical or family emergency. You can reach us by calling 252-328-9297 or by visiting us in 125 Umstead Hall. For additional information about the Dean of Students Office please visit our website.
- ECU Center for Counseling and Student Development offers therapeutic counseling services for students who may be experiencing personal, relationship, academic or other issues. We are located in room 137 Umstead Hall and can be reached by calling 252-328-6661. For additional information please visit our website.
- The Department for Disability Support Services provides individuals with disabilities support that will enable them to access programs, services, facilities, and activities of the university. For additional information about the services we offer please visit our website or contact us directly at 252-737-1016 or via e-mail at email@example.com.