MS in Recreation Sciences
The following requirements must be met for admission into the Master of Science in Recreation Sciences program:
- Individuals who hold undergraduate degrees in recreation management, recreational therapy or closely related degree are eligible to enroll in the degree program.
- Other requirements include:
- Overall GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale on all undergraduate work from an institution accredited by a regional association.
- A completed graduate School application packet, including the written statement of purpose and one letter of recommendation from persons who can attest to the applicant’s academic competence or ability to do graduate work.
- Applicants may be required to take additional courses as part of the degree requirements in order to make up deficiencies or meet certification requirements.
This program is only offered in an on-campus, Face to Face format.
Students in our MS Program (or previous graduates of the MS Program) can gain additional professional education by completing our certificate programs in Aquatic Therapy and/or Biofeedback. These programs usually require 12 to 18 credit hours.
Institutional and Professional Licensure Disclosures for Enrolled and Prospective Students
ECU degree programs satisfy the professional licensure and/or certification requirements in North Carolina and prepare students to sit for these exams. However, requirements in other states may be different.
If you are considering a degree program that may, would, could or potentially lead to a professional license and/or certification, please note that at this time ECU may or may not be able to advise whether a program meets requirements outside of North Carolina. Prior to enrolling in a degree program, please discuss this important topic with your program of interest.