RT Month Student Spotlight: Hannah Harrison

February is National Recreational Therapy month! Join The College of Health and Human Performance and the Department of Recreation Sciences as we celebrate all month long. 

Name:  Hannah Harrison

Degree and graduation year:  Recreational Therapy major with minor in Business Administration, 2024 

What brought you to ECU? How did you find this degree?
I came to ECU because I loved the campus and also being close but not too close to home. I found out about this major while applying to ECU and it piqued my interest. Once  I looked into what Recreation Therapy is about, I knew that it was something I could see myself doing in the future

Tell us about your hobbies and involvement at ECU?
My hobbies include baking, playing with my dog, and having game nights with my friends. I was involved at ECU by being the senator of the Recreation Therapy Student Society for Spring/Fall 2023.  

What is your favorite aspect of Recreational Therapy?
I love the inclusivity of Recreation Therapy and how it can impact anyone and not just a specific type of population. 

Tell us about your upcoming internship or where you hope to intern?
I am currently in my internship now at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist on the Adult Behavioral Health Unit. 

What kind of setting or future job do you hope to have upon graduation?
I’m still a little undecided but after coming into my internship now, I could see myself potentially continuing in behavioral health, or I can see myself doing something that’s more community based.