HHP Pirate Profile - Eboni Baugh

Name: Eboni Baugh

Department: Human Development and Family Science

Describe your current teaching fellow position with the Office for Faculty Excellence:

The fellowship in the Office for Faculty Excellence (OFE) is an opportunity for me to promote teaching effectiveness and increase my own scholarship of teaching and learning.  The OFE is an invaluable resource to help ECU faculty and graduate students reach their professional goals in all academic areas (e.g., teaching, research, and service).  I am extremely honored to work in this role!

What is your favorite part about teaching in HHP?

My favorite part of teaching is, and has always been, my students.  I have found that students in our program are passionate, dedicated, and excited to learn how to help improve the quality of life for children and families.  Their energy and eagerness to learn is what gets me out of bed each morning.

What is your favorite course(s) you teach or have taught in the past?

I have been blessed to teach great courses and I love them all!  The courses that I have found to be most meaningful for students are HDFS 3560: Exploring Professions and Practices in Family Science and HDFS 6303: Critical Issues in Family and Cultural Diversity.  Both of these courses allow for a lot of self-reflection and they help prepare students for intentional and engaged professional work.

What impact do you hope to have on your students?

My goal each day is to become a better and more effective teacher.  I hope to inspire my students and empower them to reach their full potential by providing them with the knowledge and skills needed to achieve their career goals.

Outside of work, what are your favorite hobbies/interests?

I enjoy spending time with friends and family, shopping, spin class, and cooking.