HHP Alumni Spotlight - Breanna Hall

HHP Alumni Spotlight – Breanna Hall

Breanna Hall

Class of: ’18

Degree: B.S., Exercise Physiology

“I believe that I can impact lives in the most beneficial way as a PT. People trust you to help them improve/restore their quality of life, and as a PT, one must figure out the best way to do that. It is like solving a puzzle- you have all of the pieces, you just have to figure out how they go together to solve, and then treat, the issue at hand”

ECU’s exercise physiology program presented me with many opportunities to increase my knowledge and interest in PT. There were multiple volunteer/research opportunities to participate in that deepened my interest in the field.

I completed my honors thesis at the Human Movement Analysis Lab, at ECU’s DPT school and was able to connect with more professors in that department. It is an extremely beneficial internship that teaches you so much about the research side of PT, so I would strongly recommend to anyone!

I was attracted to US-Army Baylor’s DPT Program for a plethora of reasons. First, and foremost, it guaranteed that I would be able to work with active duty military population right out of grad school- which has always been a dream of mine. The second time I stepped foot on a military base was to attend Commissioned Officer Training for the Air Force. The first two weeks were straight out of a military movie: the military training instructors constantly yelling, marching everywhere, room inspections, 0430 wake up calls, and a LOT of physical training. Although it was tough, there was such a strong sense of comradery among us. There was a huge sense of pride/honor, as we were all there to serve something greater than ourselves.

The strong sense of community and everyone’s willingness to help one another is unlike anything I have ever experienced, and the people I have met along this journey have all been absolutely incredible.

Click Here to view additional HHP Alumni Spotlights