HHP Student Study Abroad Spotlight - Chloe Greenfield

About Chloe:

College: College of Health and Human Performance

Major: Health Fitness Specialist

Age: 20

Hometown: Sparta, NC

Hobbies / Interests: Traveling, hiking, canoeing, kayaking

Clubs / Organizations: Pirates for Israel, Hillel at ECU, ECU Alumni Scholar, ECU Global Ambassadors

How did you choose your major?

I played a lot of sports when I was in high school ,and I fell in love with fitness and knew immediately that this is what I wanted to do for my career.

Why did you pick ECU?

ECU has a fantastic sports medicine program, and compared to the other universities I was looking at, ECU stood out the most. I am proud to be a Pirate.

What do you plan to do after graduation?

After graduation, I plan on spending a year working in my field while taking that time to apply to graduate school. I want to further my education with a degree in Kinesiology and working with children.

What is your favorite aspect of your major?

My favorite aspect of HFS is working one-on-one with my professors. I believe that HHP has some of the best faculty and staff on campus, and they want their students to succeed in their future endeavors.

Where and when did you study abroad?

Spring, 2018 in Melbourne, Australia.

What was the focus of your study abroad trip?

I went to Australia with hopes of gaining cross-cultural competency within the field of health and fitness. I love traveling so I figured why not go to school and travel at the same time!

What was your favorite aspect of your trip?

While I was abroad, I had the fabulous opportunity to work for a semi-professional men’s soccer team, Pascoe Vale Football Club. I was a team fitness trainer and worked as an Athletic Trainer. This gave me SO much hands-on experience in my field that I can now apply to my studies. I traveled around the state of Victoria with the team and really got to experience a whole other side of Australia.

Do you plan to study abroad again?

As much as I would absolutely love to, I will not be able to fit it into my undergraduate again. However, there is always grad school!

Do you have any advice for prospective study abroad students?

GO! You will not regret it and only amazing experiences will come from it. Take advantage of the different courses available abroad. I got to take an Outdoor Education course where I spent a total of three weeks throughout the semester hiking, canoeing, rock climbing and camping. I was able to see wild koalas and kangaroos all day AND earn class credit, count me in!

To learn more about Study Abroad Opportunities in HHP Click Here.