HHP graduate profile: Holly Donnelly, exercise physiology

Graduating students were nominated by College of Health and Human Performance faculty this semester for a graduate profile. Learn more below about exercise physiology graduate Holly Donnelly.

Name: Holly Donnelly

Major: BS-Exercise Physiology, Exercise as Medicine Concentration

Hometown: I was born in Chichester, England, but moved to Wake Forest, N.C., at 7 years old and grew up there.

Hobbies/interests: Being a former professional ballet dancer, I always enjoy any type of dance and dance fitness classes. I also love hiking and doing jigsaw puzzles.

Favorite class: Biomechanics with Dr. Domire has been my favorite class at ECU. The material was so interesting and felt like solving a human mathematical puzzle.

Favorite place on campus: I love walking around the Mall in the center of campus, especially in the fall when the leaves are changing color!

An ECU memory you would like to share: My best memory at ECU is working in the Pediatric Assessment and Rehabilitation Lab (PeARL) on research for children with cerebral palsy. It has been such a unique experience and I have been able to work with a great team of people, led by Dr. Surkar, as well as many amazing children who participated in the ongoing study!

Post-graduation plans: I will be attending Duke University School of Medicine’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program starting this Fall.

From Kristen Martin (Honors College): “Holly was among our first groups of transfer students to the Honors College from a N.C. community college (Wake Tech). While at ECU, she has been an undergraduate assistant in the PeARL Lab and has been involved with the Pre-PT club, AED Pre-Health Honor Society and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.”