HHP graduate profile: Bridget Angol, MS environmental health

Graduating students were nominated by College of Health and Human Performance faculty this semester for a graduate profile. Learn more below about Master of Science in environmental health graduate Bridget Angol.

Name: Bridget Ama Angol

Major: Master of Science in Environmental Health

Hometown: Kumasi, Ghana.

Hobbies/Interests: I deeply enjoy immersing myself in various books, which allows me to explore different worlds and perspectives. Additionally, listening to music is another passion of mine, offering a comforting backdrop to my studies and relaxation time.

Favorite Class: My favorite class has been Industrial Hygiene. It offered me a comprehensive understanding of workplace health and safety, teaching me how to identify, evaluate, and control environmental hazards. This class has been instrumental in shaping my career path, reinforcing my desire to ensure healthy work environments for everyone.

Favorite Place on Campus: The Belk Building is my go-to spot on campus. It’s not just an academic building for me; it represents a hub of learning, collaboration, and innovation within the field of environmental health. Whether I’m attending an engaging lecture, participating in group discussions, or simply soaking in the academic atmosphere, the Belk Building feels like a second home.

Post-Graduation Plans: After graduation, I aspire to become an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, where I plan to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during my graduate studies to protect workers, the public, and the environment from harmful exposures and conditions. Furthermore, I am determined to pursue a PhD degree in environmental health or EH with a concentration in Occupational Health and Safety. This will allow me to delve deeper into this vital field, contribute to cutting-edge research, and ultimately assume a leadership role in shaping healthier, safer workplaces and communities.

From faculty Jo Anne Balanay: “Bridget is hardworking and passionate about her field of study, environmental health. Her academic journey was not easy, given some constraints she encountered and being away from her home country and her family. She has been involved, as part of her thesis research, in a heat stress study that investigated the performance of a novel heat stress app that may serve as a game-changer in the field of occupational heat stress assessment.”